Amanhã será lançado o clipe Soldiers! *___*
Mais detalhes: trsbr.com
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! ♥ [x]
Some things seem so close on some days but still so far away ♫
Clique aqui para ler esse texto em português.
On December 31st Bryce is going to be hitting the big 30 and once more we’re planning on showing him how us, The Rocket Summer fans are united through #AvaryDay.
To participate, you’ll only need a Twitter account, and use the hashtag, #AvaryDay in your tweets. But remember, don’t use the hashtag more than once in a tweet, or else it’ll be considered spam!
In the last two years, the project has exceeded it’s expectations, several fans around the world have used the tag #AvaryDay in their tweets. Even Bryce himself, joined the party we were making in his honor.
Let’s show Bryce how dedicated his fans are! Don’t forget to spread the word about the project in your social networks so fans all around the world join. We count on all of you to make #AvaryDay a success again!
So come December 31st we’ll see you all on Twitter! If you want to, don’t forget to follow us there (@TRSBRasil)! ;)
Exclusive: Interview with The Rocket Summer
Clique aqui para ler a entrevista em português.
We are delighted for bringing to you, in order to celebrate the website’s second anniversary, an exclusive interview that our team has done with The Rocket Summer in the begining of November. Bryce commented about his decision of opening his own label, his favorite songs to play live and his desire of touring in Brazil!
01) We know during the recording process of The Rocket Summer’s albums you not only play all the instruments but also write and sing the songs. Which are the instruments you know how to play up to now? When did you start learning about them?
I love music with every bit of who I am. I fell in love with instruments at a young age and never really wanted to be exclusive to just one. I can somewhat professionally get by on drums, keys, guitar, bass etc and hack around on plenty of other instruments that I would never say I actually know how to play well. I’m trying to allow myself to enter the 21st century and get into software instruments. Ive always just been more of a purist when it comes to that, actually playing instruments as opposed to letting a computer do it. But now I’m becoming a bit more fascinated with what can be done using computers, drum machines etc. Everyone else did this 15 years ago. Ha.
02) Which were the bands that you used to listen to when you started to write? And which are the bands that you currently listen to?
I was heavily influenced by indie rock bands like Built To Spill, Superchunk but also bands like Jimmy Eat World and Sunny Day Real Estate. These days I’m into everything. Just trying to expand my mind, continue to learn.
03) You had a lot of guests for the music video of “Do You Feel”, such as Alex Gaskarth (All Time Low), Jeremy Davis (Paramore) e Jonathan Cook (Forever The Sickest Kids). How did you manage to get so many people to take part at only one video?
I’ve been blessed to tour with and meet a lot of great people over the years and they were all gracious enough to be a part of the video. Love all those guys.
04) The latest album, “Life Will Write The Words”, was released by your own record label, Aviate Records, what made you start this new business? How did it feel to take part in each and every part of the production of an independent album?
It’s been a freeing experience. It’s certainly a lot of work, but worth it. There are a lot of behind the scenes pains when at a label the size of Universal that were affecting my quality of life. I put so much of myself into my songs, into the recordings, to do all of that and have to sit through months of no returned phone calls due to so many people coming and going from that major label system was too intense. We were freaked out that OM&A wasn’t even going to come out, it came out over a year after it was turned in. LA Reid was my guy there and when he went to the x factor I got to leave and it was a very obvious decision. We’re putting out more music videos and more music than we ever did when on a label and thats important to keep fans engaged. In December we are releasing new music already and the album only came out in June. I’m excited. We shall see!
05) You’ll be touring in November, is there anything that you can tell us in advance about it?
This tour is so much fun. We’re going to smaller places in the US that we normally don’t go to so it’s been a great vibe!
06) Which song excites you most during the concerts?
Right now probably Underrated, So in this hour and Revival.
07) Is there any fan gift which was remarkable for you?
A girl in new york named a star in the sky for me. Somehow you can actually do that through Nasa. So amazing!
08) Is there anything that you still want to achieve?
I honestly don’t feel I’ve made the best music I can yet. There is still this place that I haven’t visited yet and I’m excited to go there musically. I can feel it. It’s getting close!
09) How do you feel knowing that your music is listened by people worldwide, places where The Rocket Summer isn’t played by the radio stations, and even so, they end up making the difference in people’s lives?
The thought of that makes me misty sometimes. God is so good. Music is so powerful. I’m so blessed to get to do this but the only reason it exists is because of people like you guys supporting it, spreading the word. I’ve never actually really been on the radio in a big way so my whole career is survived from word of mouth. I can’t wait to go to Brazil one day.
10) We’ve selected two questions asked by the fans through social networks. The first one was sent by Gabriel Nascimento, who wants to know the following: If you could choose any singer/band to made a duet for the next album, which/who would it be?
I love the Emily Haines’ voice. She sings in Metric. That would be amazing…
11) Paty Maciel wants to know if there are songs, sung by other artists, that you like so much that you wish you had written them yourself.
The first time I heard “somebody that I used to know” I couldnt sleep all night. I had never wished I wrote a song more than that. A year and a half later it drives me crazy.
12) Answer with the first things that cross your mind:
A song: Deep in the heart of Texas.
A movie: Argo (saw it yesterday)
A book: Blue Like Jazz
A TV program: Duck Dynasty
A super-hero: Batman
13) Have you already listened to other bands, which are friends with you, talking about the concerts they had made in Brazil? What do you know about our country?
Everyone says it’s amazing. Man! I need to go!
14) Brazilians fans are known for being very receptive and, sometimes, even crazy! Are you ready for this? This is your chance to send a message for the Brazilian fans, who have been anxiously waiting for the first The Rocket Summer tour in our country.
Keep spreading the word and asking your promoters to bring TRS! I have dreams of seeing you guys. Can’t wait, lets make it happen!
We want to thank Bryce again for having nicely given TRSBR this interview and also for all the support offered during these last two years. We’re looking forward seeing you in Brazil soon! :D